The trusted provider of car insurance for the South Coast of MA & RI
Massachusetts and Rhode Island drivers like you are in the same boat when it comes to insuring their vehicles; in both states it’s unlawful to drive without auto insurance coverage.
Considering that the two states have been neighbors since colonial times, and that a drive from Boston to Providence takes just over an hour and a half, it’s not surprising that they would both also have similar insurance requirements and optional coverages for our cars, trucks and recreational vehicles.
As your insurance advisor, HIG is here to ensure that you understand all your available auto insurance coverages in MA and RI and how they will protect you in case of an accident, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – If you are found legally responsible for a car accident, this coverage is the part of your insurance policy that pays for the costs associated with injuries to the other person or people involved. This coverage also provides a legal defense in the event that you are sued for damages.
- Medical Payments – This covers medical expenses should you be involved in an auto accident. It generally pays out claims if you are hurt in an auto accident regardless of who is at fault. Additionally, medical payments insurance may help pay for funeral expenses and injuries sustained by your passengers.
- Damage to Someone Else’s Property – This portion of your auto insurance covers the cost of damages to someone else’s property after an accident you cause. Most commonly, your property damage will pay out when you are at fault for an accident that causes damage to someone else’s car.
- Physical Damage Coverage – This coverage pays for repairing damages to your vehicle. The two physical damage coverage categories are Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and Collision.
With this primer on auto insurance requirements in MA and RI, you may feel confident that you can manage the rest of the insurance process on your own by comparing quotes online and selecting the one with the best price. While you are definitely now more informed than most shoppers, this information is truly just the beginning of understanding insurance options that you should have to protect you, your vehicle and your passengers.
HIG has provided quality insurance options to vehicle owners across MA and RI for over 100 years. As your insurance partner, we will not only share our in-depth knowledge of insurance requirements, but also explain other critical things to consider, such as minimum and optimal limits, additional coverage options, and potential discounts. Based on your individual or family’s needs and budget, we will give you a completely straight forward assessment of what a comprehensive auto insurance policy might look like for you.
Contact us today to hear about the quality coverages and competitive rates that we have access to through our wide variety of insurance partners. We promise that in under 15 minutes you will realize the benefits of receiving genuine personal attention from an extremely knowledgeable insurance team.
The partners of HIG have experience finding coverage for any personal vehicle you may own, including:
- Standard Cars, SUVs, and Trucks
- Collector Cars
- Motorcycles and Scooters
- Motor Homes
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Recreational Vehicles
Try just 15 minutes with us and you will learn about additional auto discounts and coverages you may qualify for, including:
- Motor Club Membership
- New Auto Replacement Cost
- Auto Loan/Lease Gap Coverage
- Pet Coverage
- A Student Away At School
- Good Student Discount
- Low Mileage Discount
- Group Discounts