Auto Repair and Service Business Insurance
A comprehensive and cost-effective insurance solution for your auto repair or service business in South Coast MA & RI
As a local auto repair or service shop, you and your team of mechanics and service technicians are dedicated to helping customers keep their vehicles roadworthy for as long as possible. The local insurance professionals at HIG want to make sure your business is getting the same care and attention you’re giving drivers and their cars. Our team is committed to examining your business operation in detail, uncovering risks that might threaten the well-being of your investment today and in the future, and assisting you in securing a cost-effective and comprehensive auto repair and service business insurance solution to protect against a wide variety of industry-specific hazards.
The HIG team offers specialized insurance for the following types of auto repair and service businesses across the south coast of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Auto Body Shops
- Auto Detailing
- Auto Glass Repair or Replacement
- Auto Parts Warehouses
- Auto Repair Shops
- Auto Upholstery Shops
- Car Washes
- Quick Lube Shops
- Muffler Shops
- Service Stations/Convenience Stores
- Tire Dealers
- Transmission Shops
- Used Auto Dealers
- Audio, Alarm, and Sunroof Installation
- And more…
Do you have the right insurance solution in place for your auto repair or service business and its level of risk?
One of your primary responsibilities as an owner is making sure your auto repair or service business is safe. But while you may have followed all required safety guidelines and taken additional precautions for good measure, accidents still have a high likelihood of happening in your industry, due to many reasons.
- You always have lots of people coming and going. Customers, parts suppliers, outside towing companies, and more are dropping off and picking up cars and other items all day long. Visitors like these increase your exposure to someone getting hurt while on your property and suing you for related medical and other expenses.
- You have flammable items everywhere. There is an elevated risk of a fire on premises like yours, due to the number of ignitable items—paints, oils, solvents, degreasers—and the things that can ignite them, like welding equipment and electrical wiring.
- You have been entrusted to care for other people’s property. During the time period a customer’s car is in your custody and control, you may be held responsible for any damage that happens to it, as well as the contents inside. Damage resulting from events like a fire, vandalism, or hailstorm, or an accident that happens while you or an employee is test driving the car or performing work on it, may end up being your responsibility to pay for.
While you may not be able to eliminate these and other high-risk factors, you can be better prepared for the potential outcome by making sure you have an auto repair and service insurance solution in place that provides you with a wide array of protection and risk management options.
HIG helps you put together the auto repair and service insurance solution that is best for your business.
An auto repair and service solution through HIG typically includes the following three major coverage areas and related protections.
- False pretense
- Federal odometer statute errors & omissions
- Title errors & omissions
- Product recall expense
- Water backup
- Pollutant cleanup
- Business income loss
- Employee theft
- Ordinance or law
- Personal property of others
- Monies and securities
- Equipment breakdown
- Computer hardware and software
- Personal property of others
- Property in transit
- Mobile equipment on and off premises
- Tools and equipment coverage
While this is already exceptionally broad coverage, if your specific business requires it, we can further enhance your auto repair and service insurance solution with several other available protections, such as commercial umbrella insurance, management liability, employment practices liability, mechanic’s professional liability, auto liability for dealer plates, and more.
Having the right insurance solution may give you peace of mind if an accident happens, but of course the best scenario is to never have to use it. So, we also want you to know that our team is here to help you with more than just insurance coverage. As our client, you have access to value-added services such as hazard identification, driver and fleet safety programs, safety assessment and benchmarking tools, sprinkler system evaluation and analysis, and more.
Please contact the HIG team today at (508) 676-5949 for more information about the tailored coverage solution we offer for auto repair and service businesses like yours. We look forward to providing you with products and services that help you keep your business running smoothly and safely for the long term.